mylifemythoughtmyemo

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I have just read 2 of my friend's blog... they both talked about the disaster that happened recently in SiChuan which had swept away almost 60,000 of lives... Seriously, that is really very frightening isn't it. People lost their loved ones, the so called 'safe' homes, properties and many others. This is wat we call us traumas.

Then, it strike me when I wonder why didn't I really bothered to read on the papers what is going on there... I never watch a news about it neither. Maybe many of you also did the same as me. We never really want to understand the details of when, how and what happened! Never to feel ashamed or guilty if you feel you do not heck care about it.

The paper Dr Cha and I have been working on is about emphathy-avoidance. In short, it focuses on why people choose to avoid looking or getting involve in situations when they could anticipate problems of others. We, vulnerable beings are too easily distracted and put down by others. Hence, perhaps, we have evolve evolutionarily to avoid unconsciously to these probable realistic but cruel truth of happenings around us.

Nevertheless, I feel so sorry for the victims of the disasters. Monetary help, in my opinion is never gonna make them feel any better. They would rather live in poverty if they had, than to undergo this terrible unpredicted incident. The incapability to help make me feel so obligated to avoid seeing them in pain. When there is a will, there is a way... seems sooo unlikely...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home